A Joint Investigation Team (JIT) headed by Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Intelligence Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) Omar Shahid Hamid was constituted on Tuesday to probe the involvement of Amjad Sabri murder suspects Ishaq alias Bobby and Asim alias Capri in various high-profile cases.
The CTD’s arrest of the Ishaq and Asim was announced by Sindh Chief Minister Murad Shah on Monday. The two men allegedly affiliated with the Lashkar-i-Jhangvi Naeem Bukhari group are suspected of involvement in 28 cases.
Shah said there was ‘conclusive proof’ that the two were part of a gang involved in the following nine ‘major incidents’:
- Oct 29 attack on Nazimabad majlis
- Oct 17 attack on a majlis
- July 26 attack on army personnel in Saddar
- June 22 attack on Amjad Sabri
- May 21 killing of two traffic constables at Aisha Manzil
- April 20 attack on policemen
- Dec 2015 attack on military police near Tibet Centre
- Nov 20, 2015 attack on Rangers personnel in Ittehad Town
- Aug 29, 2015 attack on Supreme Court judge Advocate Syed Hamid Haider in Hassan Square
A Sindh Home Department notification says the JIT is to investigate the matter within seven days, and will submit a report within two days of conclusion of the probe.