Home / News Time / Trump's controversial statement banning Muslims from US removed from website: report

Trump's controversial statement banning Muslims from US removed from website: report

As Donald Trump was elected president of the United States (US), a controversial policy statement banning Muslims from the US appears to have been removed, The Independent reported.

A page linking to his Dec 7, 2015 statement regarding a temporary and complete Muslim ban was removed as votes poured in for the billionaire businessman turned politico, the report said.

The page, which was available on the morning of the Nov 8 election according to online caches, now redirects to a page encouraging voters to donate to Trump’s campaign.

The Independent said it is not possible to say exactly what time the redirect added, but that a change had been made between the two times the website was last crawled by caches like ‘Wayback Machine’ which work by crawling websites intermittently and making copies of what they find there.

The Trump campaign could not be immediately contacted by The Independent for comments over the removal of pages.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *